Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Here I Go

Looking back on my post "Hindsight", I decided that I need to get back in the game and stop licking my wounds. I went to an amazing used bookstore and bought two GRE prep books at scandalously low prices (one of which still had the online code in tact). I also bought the first book in The Hunger Games series and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Anatomy and Physiology to brush up on my A&P for nursing school.

I think I'm trying to trick myself into being motivated, too. Last night I found myself watching Gilmore Girls, a show that I was obsessed with in high school. I felt a lot like Rory-- a daughter of a single mother struggling to use her intelligence to propel her into the world. In this particular episode, Rory takes time off from Yale because she gets discouraged and humiliated. All I could think was, "Damn. I know that feel." But there is no reason for me to stop now.

I hope to be around for a long time. And looking back, the only thing waiting or stalling ever got me was farther behind. I don't want to look back on my twenties and think, "What a waste." So here I go.

On another note, I'm itching to get another tattoo, maybe as a motivational tool. I never really celebrated my graduation or took the time to think about how hard undergrad really was. I was just glad it was over. I know I sang Florence + The Machine's "Dog Days Are Over" at the top of my lungs until I cried. Maybe there's a lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment