Friday, December 14, 2012

Our Hearts Are In Newtown


So many people have been saying that this act is evil incarnate- to kill a child. I can't begin to imagine what the families are suffering. I saw my sister and my cousin grieve the loss of their babies and the depth of that loss is incomparable.
These poor children were shot at close range and the only hope that we could have for them is that they didn't feel much pain, as unlikely as it may seem. The panic and lack of closure for the parents is also incomprehensible. I didn't want to see the truth that my niece was gone, but it was important to see her body so that my eyes could witness what my mind could hardly imagine. These parents cannot even have that shred of certainty right now because of the investigation.
When President Obama said, "They had their whole lives ahead of them," I lost it. That is what lingers with you-the senselessness of the action that took all those milestones from them.
For all those out there grieving, comfort will come, but we will never forget this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment